Tuesday 23 June 2009

High Hopes challenge #36


What a goregeous day it is here, hope you are all getting this lovely weather too ? Hope it doesn't get any hotter or poor Sophie will flag at her sports day this afternoon poor little little things, they will be melting !
Well, the challenge over at High Hopes this week is ' use your scraps' the most difficult part of this challenge for me was to choose which scraps to use as I have sooooooooo many lol !



I went for this Monkey Mike image as it was already stamped and sitting on my desk, Alfie and I made some finger puppets from it last week and this one must have been left over, I have coloured it using my copics. The paper is DCVW Latte ( I think ) and the trusty sewing machine came in handy again for the edges. The leaves and buttons were cut from scraps of card using sizzlits dies, and I just distressed the edges to give a more 3d effect.

I finished off with a couple of epoxy stickers and bobs your uncle, a simple card but quite effective I think, will definatly use those leaves again with this image, and I know a lot of little monkeys who I could give this card to.........
Hugs,
Claire xx


5 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

cute Claire....... I love all of your work...SO clean and refreshing.. have a great day. janny

Susie Sugar said...

Oh Claire he is soooo sweet and I love the paper too
Hugs Susie xx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Cool card! Love the leaves and the little butterflie tag! Cute image too!

Sunny regards, Renata

Mel said...

I was so lucky to find your fab blog from you entering my candy i have an Award for you over on mine.
Hugz Mel x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Hehe he's a cutie Claire, rather reminds me of my Dave lmao... All hairy and just kinda hangs around hehehe.. Please nip over to my blog when you get a moment as there is a little somthing for you to collect.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx