Monday 22 June 2009

Whiff of Joy meets Die Cut Dreams

Oh Wow I enjoyed making this card, it is my entry into the Whiff of Joy challenge this week which is ' paper piecing ' I was so excited when my new parcel of Whiff of Joy stamps arrived this week that I didn't know which one to use first ! Seeing as this is the fella that I have wanted for the longest time I decided to use him. I have paper pieced the huge cupcake that he is carrying, it was slightly fiddley cutting round the little paws but well worth the effort. I am also entering this card for the new Die cut Dreams Challenge where the theme this week is 'polka dots & spots'


I had my sewing machine out this weekend making a Viking outfit for Sophie to wear at their history day at school, so thought I would do a little stitching on a couple of cards too, it gives a lovely effect and adds another texture which is always good.
I have coloured Henry Mouse with my Copics, and the papers I have used are K&Co for the cupcake and mount, and Imaginesce for the spotty background, this paper is covered in fluffy dots, wish you could feel it, it is delish.........


I have used some ribbon from my stash and a few cherry blossoms that I picked up from Ebay to complete the look, the fern leaves are done using a LeoneEm punch. Oh, and I added a few funky fibres under the blossoms, again for a bit more texture.
hugs,
Claire xx

8 comments:

Di said...

Love this card, and the image is sooo cute.

Hugs Di xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Claire and I love the cute stamp and gorgeous papers!
Clairexx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Beautiful card again this week Claire, so pretty, very cute image and lovely delicate colours. Wonderful attention to detail. Its gorgeous. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Victoria said...

This is just so pretty Claire. Love Henry, the soft pastel colours you've used and the spotty paper! The stitching is fab as well!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I love the papers and the cute image which is fantastically coloured. the flowers are beautiful.
Vanja

Susie Sugar said...

Lovely card Claire I love this little mouse and the paper you have used is fabby the whole card is soooo cute
Thank you for joining in the DCD challenge this week
Love Susie xx

Anonymous said...

a beautiful card, wonderful paper piecing. hugs rachxx

Tracy.H said...

Love, love, love this one!! :0)